18 Killer Strength Exercises for Basketball Players
Building strength often means keeping your muscles guessing. If you're looking for new ways to improve your fitness for basketball, here is a video of 18 seldom-used strength exercises that work.
Alan Stein is the owner of Stronger Team and the Head Strength and Conditioning coach for the nationally renowned, Nike Elite DeMatha Catholic High School boys basketball program. He spent 7 years serving a similar position with the Montrose Christian basketball program. Alan brings a wealth of valuable experience to his training arsenal after years of extensive work with elite high school, college, and NBA players.
His passion, enthusiasm, and innovative training techniques make him one of the nation's leading experts on productive training for basketball players. Alan is a performance consultant for Nike Basketball as well as the head conditioning coach for the annual McDonald's All American game, the Jordan Brand All American Classic, and the Nike Summer Skills Academies. Alan is a camp coach at the prestigious NBA Players Association's Top 100 Camp as well as the Chris Paul CP3 Elite Backcourt Camp. Alan has filmed over a dozen DVDs on improving performance and is a sought after lecturer at basketball camps and clinics across the world. He has been featured in Winning Hoops, Time Out, Dime, SI.com, SLAMonline.com, American Basketball Quarterly, Stack, Men's Health, HOOP, and FIBA Assist Magazine.
Click here to sign up to receive the Notebook, the official USA Basketball Youth newsletter!
- Notebook: Heat 103, Pacers 102
- Report: Coach K returning to US men's team
- Parker guides Spurs to uneasy lead in West finals
- Spurs' Parker to have MRI on left calf
- Notebook: Spurs 93, Grizzlies 89
- Cavs win Draft lottery for second time in three years
- Noel claims top spot in first mock draft
- All-Access at 2013 NBA Draft lottery
Latest Message Board Threads
- Verticle Jump
- Best game you have ever had
- How does the Rapsberry Ketone diet work
- Please help? Any NBA comparison's? Just please answer!