School is an Attitude!
G-Turner : In preparation for this letter, a lot of reading on the topic of “SUCCESS” and the “KEYS TO SUCCESS” in life has taken place. Interestingly enough, one common denominator was always present…ATTITUDE! Every book read and every tape I listened to all talked about a POSITIVE ATTITUDE being the single most important key to success in nearly every single thing that you do.
World, if a “POSITIVE ATTITUDE” is the single most important key to success in nearly every single thing that you do, I think that’s something we all should take time to develop. As a matter of fact, “…You might want to write that down!”
Your ATTITUDE is where it begins. It’s not all you need, but it can certainly determine where you’ll be heading this school year. This is the most crucial time to embrace a POSITIVE ATTITUDE to get you going. Does it end there? Of course not! EFFORT, HARD WORK and CONSISTENCY are other keys on my list to help you be successful throughout the year. If you don’t approach each day with the proper frame of mind (being POSITIVE and thinking POSITIVE thoughts) to ensure a POSITIVE ATTITUDE, then the school year (in the classroom and on the court) will be a long, long, GRIND…believe that!
So how do you start this POSITIVE ATTITUDE stuff? I’m glad you asked. Below you will find 5-Suggestions to jumpstart your ATTITUDE:
1. Recite “Positive Affirmations” the minute you wake up in the morning and look into the mirror! Over and over again, you have to repeat phrases to yourself like: “Today is going to be a great day!” “Nothing’s going to stop me today!” “No one is going to ruin my day or steal my joy!”
2. Let your Attitude Show! Acknowledge a friend with a smile or a warm greeting. Uplift a person who needs a little pick-me-up! People love to be recognized and acknowledged, but nothing will make you feel better than bringing cheer to someone else’s day. Add some SWAG to their life!
3. Disregard the negative, focus on the positive! Tune out negative thoughts from so-called friends (HATERS); hang with people who think positive and exhibit positive attitudes; you need to be around high-spirited, high-energy and positive people! Who wants to be with people who mope around crying the blues, always talking about what didn’t happen, what could’ve happened, and what will never happen? NO ONE! “On to the Next One” Thanks Jay-Z
4. Take a T.O. Baby! Not Terrell Owens, but a time out! The minute you stop being positive and your attitude inches towards negativity, take a 20-second time-out. Be alone; go off to the side and take a minute to regroup. Use that inner voice to remind yourself of the promise you made, then, repeat your “Positive Affirmations.” You first have to hold yourself accountable before anyone else can. Be true to yourself. That’s where it all begins and ends!
5. Record your POSITIVE ATTITUDE days. Write down on your calendar, the days you remained positive from the beginning to the end, then, reflect on “what” happened for you and to you because of your attitude on that day. Your attitude determines your altitude! Remember, you only have 185-days of school. The more you experience each day with a positive attitude, the more success you are bound to have, I can promise you that.
Click here to sign up to receive the Notebook, the official USA Basketball Youth newsletter!
- Notebook: Heat 103, Pacers 102
- Report: Coach K returning to US men's team
- Parker guides Spurs to uneasy lead in West finals
- Spurs' Parker to have MRI on left calf
- Notebook: Spurs 93, Grizzlies 89
- Cavs win Draft lottery for second time in three years
- Noel claims top spot in first mock draft
- All-Access at 2013 NBA Draft lottery
Latest Message Board Threads
- Verticle Jump
- Best game you have ever had
- How does the Rapsberry Ketone diet work
- Please help? Any NBA comparison's? Just please answer!