- Coach Certification
- GOAL: Better prepared coaches to improve their ability to coach the game.
- DETAIL: iHoops, in conjunction with the National Federation of State High School Associations, built a comprehensive course of coaching education that is available through iHoops.com. The course will include information on the philosophy of coaching, the fundamentals of teaching basketball and a unit on health and safety including basic first aid requirements. See the Coach Certification program.
- GOAL: Focus on the development of the skills applicable to 3x3 basketball and encourage participation in the 3x3 game.
- DETAIL: Though 5x5 basketball remains one of the most popular sports in the world, the 3x3 game is seeing significant growth in participation and fans. iHoops has partnered with the Hoop It Up 3x3 national tournament to present the iHoops Division (18U) and encourage youth players to embrace the 3x3 game and take advantage of the basketball fundamentals that the game demands such as man-to-man defense and the pick-and-roll.
- Elite Player Program: iHoops First Team
- GOAL: Enhance basketball development for pre-collegiate student-athletes and provide information on the value of education, collegiate recruiting process and eligibility rules, values of the game, and the importance of good citizenship / life skills.
- DETAIL: The iHoops First Team mentoring program will provide resource materials and direct, personal contact with many of the top high school players in the country and their parents. This program, through iHoops.com, will provide a wealth of information including content regarding recruiting and information provided by the NCAA Eligibility Center, material regarding the importance of preparing for life after basketball, as well as tips for dealing with agents and their representatives, college recruiters and others. The site will offer several opportunities for quality video regarding the values and history of the game. iHoops will provide video and printed materials periodically in association with camps, clinics and tournaments that relate to all of these topics.
Click here to sign up to receive the Notebook, the official USA Basketball Youth newsletter!
- Notebook: Heat 103, Pacers 102
- Report: Coach K returning to US men's team
- Parker guides Spurs to uneasy lead in West finals
- Spurs' Parker to have MRI on left calf
- Notebook: Spurs 93, Grizzlies 89
- Cavs win Draft lottery for second time in three years
- Noel claims top spot in first mock draft
- All-Access at 2013 NBA Draft lottery
Latest Message Board Threads
- Verticle Jump
- Best game you have ever had
- How does the Rapsberry Ketone diet work
- Please help? Any NBA comparison's? Just please answer!