iHoops.com Editorial Policy
Youth Basketball Online, LLC ("iHoops") aims to make iHoops.com the premier online resource for youth basketball in the United States and Canada. We intend to build an online community that improves the athletic, educational and social experience of youth basketball participants.
iHoops.com will facilitate communication and be an essential resource for players, parents, coaches, officials, fans and youth teams at all levels. In the spirit of inclusiveness, we welcome contributions from all youth basketball stakeholders.
Participation in iHoops.com
We encourage anyone wishing to contribute to iHoops.com to submit their content for review. iHoops.com will provide a wealth of content to its users including, but not necessarily limited to, news, opinion articles, blogs, video, photos and other images. Content submissions should be focused on amateur players ages 6 - 17, their parents, coaches, officials, fans and youth teams and should seek to further our goal of enhancing the athletic, educational and social experience of youth basketball participants. The iHoops editorial team will exercise sole and complete discretion in determining what content to publish on the iHoops.com website.
Textual Content Submissions
To submit textual content to iHoops, please email your submission as a Word document to iHoops@USABasketball.com. Textual content must be submitted electronically. If you have a website, please include the URL information for the website with your submission. If approved, iHoops will publish the textual content on iHoops.com, include your byline and, if desired, your contact information. iHoops may also include your website's URL on iHoops.com, and iHoops may similarly request that a link to iHoops.com be placed on your website upon the textual content's publication.
Multimedia Content Categories
iHoops also will accept submissions for the placement of three categories of multimedia content on iHoops.com:
- 1. Free-to-the-User Content: this content will be available to iHoops.com users free of charge. Some Free-to-the-User Content may be available only to those visitors who have registered with iHoops.com and/or earned the right to view the content through participation at iHoops.com.
- 2. iHoops-Approved Content: this content will be available to iHoops.com users either free of charge or upon payment of a fee TBD. iHoops-Approved Content will be placed in a more prominent position on iHoops.com than Free-to-the-User Content.
- 3. iHoops-Branded Content: this content will be available to iHoops.com users either free of charge or upon payment of a fee TBD. iHoops-Branded Content will be placed in a more prominent position on iHoops.com than either Free-to-the-User Content or iHoops-Approved Content. Further, iHoops-Branded Content will be branded or co-branded with the IHOOPS service mark and be actively marketed and/or licensed by iHoops.
Multimedia Content Review Process
All multimedia content submissions should be labeled for entry in one of the above three categories. iHoops will review multimedia content submissions according to the following criteria:
- 1. Free-to-the-User Content will be reviewed to confirm the adequacy of its production quality, including proper encoding and acceptable audio and video quality, and the exclusion of illicit or blatantly commercial statements. Any content provider may submit proposed Free-to-the-User Content to iHoops.com free of charge.
- 2. iHoops-Approved Content also will be reviewed to confirm the adequacy of its production quality, but proposed iHoops-Approved Content may include commercial appeals. iHoops will review any commercial appeals and also perform a general editorial review of the content. Any content provider may submit proposed iHoops-Approved Content to iHoops for a nominal processing fee. If the proposed iHoops-Approved Content includes a commercial appeal for a product sold by the content provider, iHoops approval may be conditional on the content provider's payment of an advertising fee to iHoops. For more information on processing or advertising fees, contact Matt Bortz, Director of Content Media Management at iHoops@USABasketball.com.
- 3. iHoops-Branded Content will undergo a comprehensive review to determine whether iHoops desires to apply the IHOOPS brand to the proposed content. Any content provider may submit proposed iHoops-Branded Content to iHoops.com for a processing fee. iHoops' approval of the content will be conditional on the content provider's payment of a license fee to iHoops. For more information on processing or license fees, contact Matt Bortz, Director of Content Media Management at iHoops@USABasketball.com.
Multimedia Content Submission Process
Please contact Matt Bortz, Director of Digital Media at iHoops@USABasketball.com to arrange for submission and review of multimedia content. Multimedia content must be submitted electronically. If you have a website, please include the URL information for the website with your submission. If approved, iHoops will publish the multimedia content on iHoops.com, include an acknowledgment of you as the content provider and, if desired, your contact information. iHoops may also include your website's URL on iHoops.com, and iHoops may similarly request that a link to iHoops.com be placed on your website upon the multimedia content's publication.
Ownership of Content Submissions
iHoops does not claim ownership of any textual or multimedia content submissions submitted by you and posted by iHoops on iHoops.com. However, by submitting any content submissions to iHoops, you grant iHoops and/or its affiliates or related entities, as applicable, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, communicate to the public, perform and display the content submissions (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate them in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content submissions. You also permit any subscriber to access, display, view, store and reproduce such content submissions for personal use.
Click here to sign up to receive the Notebook, the official USA Basketball Youth newsletter!
- Cavs win Draft lottery for second time in three years
- 2013 NBA Draft order
- Watch a replay of the 2013 NBA Draft lottery
- Stern believes he is leaving the NBA in good shape
- Clippers decline to offer Del Negro new deal
- Thunder's Durant makes $1M tornado relief pledge
- Jordan: Bobcats changing name to Hornets
- Knicks uncertain about Stoudemire's role
Latest Message Board Threads
- Please help? Any NBA comparison's? Just please answer!
- PLEASE HELP/GIVE ME ADVICE
- What Are Your Favorite Shooting Drills?
- Remote Web Access Software for Project Collaboration
- On My Way